You and over 62,000 people have signed the petition to pressure Macy’s into dropping Ivanka Trump’s clothing brand–now we have to turn up the heat.
Remember when Macy’s dropped Donald Trump-branded merchandise after he called all Mexican immigrants “rapists”? It was public pressure that got Macy’s to act right. And right now, Macy’s offices aren’t expecting to hear directly from the folks who signed the petition–if dozens of people call today, it will push Macy’s that much closer to getting rid of Ivanka merchandise
Here’s the number to call. Leave a message if you aren’t able to reach someone:
- Julie Strider-Fukami, National Media Relations VP, (646) 429-5213
It’s always best to speak in your own words, but here are some points to guide you:
- Hi, my name is ___ from [your city]. I’m calling to demand Macy’s drop Ivanka Trump-branded merchandise from its stores.
- A report by the Washington Post revealed that Ivanka Trump has her products made exclusively in foreign sweatshops where women endure abuse and criminally low pay, despite making herself to be an advocate for working women.
- Top brands like Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus have already removed Ivanka Trump merchandise from their shelves. Macy’s should follow suit.
- Macy’s keeping Ivanka Trump in its stores is a public endorsement of her fraudulent reputation as a voice for working women. Stop giving her a platform to push her misguided and dangerous anti-women policies.
- 62,000 people and counting have already signed the petition. Drop Ivanka Trump!
Thank you for speaking out.
–Nita, Shaunna, Kat, Karin, Adam, Holly, Kathy, Onyi, Susan, Anathea, Audine, Shannon, Emma, Pilar, Natalie, Melody, Pam, Lindsay, and Ryan, the UltraViolet team
1. Ivanka Inc., Washington Post, July 14, 2017
2. Ivanka’s Maternity Leave Plan Is A Cruel Joke, Huffington Post, March 23, 2017